Ouachita Baptist University
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Mass Communications
- Minor: Recreation
- Graduation date: May 2018
Involvement/Recognition at OBU:
- Photo Lab Editor: May 2016-May 2018
- Photo Lab Staff: Fall 2015-Spring 2016
- Arkansas College Media Association Photographer of the year: 2017 and 2018
- Tri Chi Social Club Beau: February 2017 to May 2018
- Special Olympics Volunteer: Fall 2015, Spring 2018
- Tiger Serve Day Volunteer: Fall 2014-May 2018
Photo Editor/Student Content Producer- Ouachita Baptist University, Arkadelphia Arkansas
- [Photo Editor May 2016-May 2018], [Staff Photographer August 2015-May 2016]
- Managed a team of 12-20 photographers who capture images for Ouachita Baptist University's weekly newspaper and yearbook.
- Produced digital images, videos, and graphics. Created content for instagram and snapchat stories for the University.
- Created and managed an Instagram account for OBU RecLife, gained more than 900 followers in one semester by partnering with local and nationwide brands to help host contests and giveaways.
- Gained leadership experience by managing a group of people, creating schedules, and problem solving.
Photographer/Videographer/Media Consultant- The Stephen Foster Story, Bardstown, Kentucky
- [May 29th-August 11th, 2017]
- Provided photography, videography, social media, and design services to the Stephen Foster Story in Bardstown Kentucky.
- Traveled to both show locations as well as other towns in order to capture images during press events.
- Gained experience branching out and becoming more marketable by utilizing multiple mediums to promote shows and build an online presence.
Photographer- Mike Huckabee, The Israel Experience, Jerusalem + Tiberius Israel
- [April 21-May 2, 2017]
- Worked as the sole photographer for Mike Huckabee and Blue Diamond Travel as they brought a group of 120+ people to Jerusalem and Tiberius Israel for nine days.
- Produced over 2,000 images to be used in promotions, videos, and to be given to the group.
- Gained experience in capturing intimate moments in group settings and working to capture every individual on the trip as well as the locations and attractions Israel had to offer.
Photographer- Camp War Eagle, Rogers Arkansas
- [May 16-July 7, 2016]
- Worked as one of two photographers for Camp War Eagle, photographing every event of every day of camp for two months as well as working with children, leading events and devotionals in and out of a cabin.
- Gained experience with taking over 1,500 photos a day for two months straight, increasing the speed and efficiency of my workflow, working with children, and meeting daily deadlines.
Stocker, delivery driver, cashier, office worker- Pool Tech, Salisbury Maryland
- [June 5-July 30 2015]
- Cleaned pools, delivered parts, stocked a storeroom, performed water tests on samples of pool water, worked the cash register.
- Gained experience in working with customers and employees, driving a forklift, working with chemicals, performing in an office environment.
Horse Rancher- Dizzy Spells Ranch, McLendon Chisolm, Texas
- [Summer 2013, January-May 2015, August 2016]
- Painted two miles of fence. Fed, watered and cared for horses, rabbits, cats, and dogs. Cleaned out stalls and drove a spreader.
- Gained experience in working in a filthy environment, caring for animals, patience, and how to take initiative when something goes wrong.
- Leadership experience- one year of leading a group of photographers at Ouachita Baptist University, heading into my second year.
- Working with deadlines- At Camp War Eagle, I was required to shoot, sort, edit, and upload 300 photos per day. This tested me both mentally and physically, but I was able to find a rhythm to complete the work on time every single night.
- Social media marketer- Grew a university-based Instagram account's following by more than 900 users in four months by branding and partnering with local/national organizations to host contests and events that aligned with the goals of the department.
- Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier and Indesign/Illustrator- Worked with photoshop and lightroom for the last four years in creating and editing content for clients, businesses, and personal projects. Completed an introductory class at Ouachita Baptist University using InDesign and Illustrator as the main tools for all of our projects. Worked with Premier/Final Cut in my free time, for the Stephen Foster Story, and a small amount at Camp War Eagle.
- Courses- Online Media, Advanced Photography, Videography, Publication Design, Media Writing, Motion Picture Screenwriting, Issues of Mass Communications, Principles of Advertising, PR Principles and Problems, Communications Law
Camp War Eagle
I worked for Camp War Eagle in northwest Arkansas in the summer of 2016. This was a time of transition for the camp, as they had recently purchased new photography and videography equipment among other things. They decided to use the photos from that summer and create new and beautiful ads, posters, and pamphlets for their organization, and they chose to use some of my work for their final products.
The Ouachita Circle
Ouachita Baptist University publishes a bi-annual alumni magazine entitled "The Ouachita Circle". In the publication, information is written regarding University changes, alumni reunions, campus events, and more. I have had my work published in the last three editions. Below I have included a few spreads of the Circle that feature my photographs.
Click through these spreads from "The Circle"
The Signal is our award-winning weekly newspaper printed by Ouachita Baptist University highlighting events and people from our school. The Ouachitonian is our ACMA First place yearbook. As the photo editor for the university it is my job to lead a team of photographers to obtain all of the photos for the yearbook and newspaper. Every photo that goes into the Signal or Ouachitonian is either taken or reviewed by myself to ensure quality.